According to American Diabetes Association, here’s a list of myths about Diabetes that you should know.
1. Diabetes is not that serious of a disease.
2. If you are overweight or obese, you will eventually develop type 2 diabetes.
3. Eating too much sugar causes diabetes.
4. People with diabetes should eat special diabetic foods.
5. If you have diabetes, you should only eat small amounts of starchy foods, such as bread, potatoes and pasta.
6. People with diabetes can’t eat sweets or chocolate.
7. You can catch diabetes from someone else.
8. People with diabetes are more likely to get colds and other illnesses.
9. If you have type 2 diabetes and your doctor says you need to start using insulin, it means you’re failing to take care of your diabetes properly.
10. Fruit is a healthy food. Therefore, it is ok to eat as much as you wish.